Mavic Guides: Complete Guide to Mavic Drones (2021)
Inspired by the spirit of adventure and passion for exploration, Mavic Guides is designed for anyone who yearns to discover more and above all for those who want to share their discoveries with the world. To be the most comprehensive source for all things Mavic.
An Introduction to Mavic Guides 📋
I have created Mavic Guides to highlight content I have written about DJI Mavic Drone Guides. I will introduce you to the Mavic series of unmanned aerial vehicles and prepare you for the first take-off. I have covered you! This article is in the works and I personally will be continuously updated with the best instructions and information!
If you are looking for a complete guide to everything to do with DJI Mavic Drones, then Mavic Guides are for you. However, before we go any further, let me tell you that everything you find here is based on my personal first-hand experience. These are my experiences and my opinions, which I have turned into guides to help you learn how to use the Mavic drones.
Table of Contents
I will try to make this guide as comprehensive and holistic as possible. Here's a list of the topics related to DJI Mavic Drones that I've covered so far. I'll keep updating this section with more Mavic Guides as I add more content.
- An Introduction to Mavic Guides
- Why I Created Mavic Guides
- Covered Drone Models
- Which Drone Is Right for Me?
- Drone Gear
- Mavic Drones' Accessories
- Getting Started
- Editing Your Images
- Storing Your Photos
- Where to Fly
Why I Created
There was also a time when I was a beginner. Therefore, I am well aware of the growing pains and know how difficult it can sometimes be to learn something completely new. Therefore, I have taken care to make these tutorials as simple and helpful as possible. Also, you should know that this article is in the works and I will add more things here to help you over time.
Another reason I created Mavic Guides was that it got to the point where it needed its own website instead of hosting all the articles on graydonschwartz.com. Now I can focus on publishing aerial photos, drone services and Tesla content on my portfolio website.
The DJI Mavic series is the most recent of the DJI drones. It comes with a unique set of features and technologies. They are quite different from other drones currently on the market. The drones in the Mavic series are also extremely portable, which makes them great for photographers who are constantly on the move. You can even fold up their arms and put them in your backpack with ease.
Now, with that out of the way let’s delve a little deeper and explore the world of DJI Mavic drones aka Mavic Drones.
Covered Drone Models 🖖
If you are new to the drone market and want to buy a drone for the first time, but can't quite decide which drone best suits your needs, don't worry, I've got you covered! In this section, you'll find everything you need to know about the various DJI Mavic drones available on the market. Here's a list of all the models I've covered so far.
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Series
- DJI Air 2S
- DJI Mavic Air 2
- DJI Mini 2
- DJI Mavic Mini
- DJI FPV
- Skydio 2
I’ll keep updating this list as newer models are released.
$10 off DJI Online Store 👊
Who doesn’t like a sweet discount? I sure love it. Therefore, if you are planning on making a purchase from the DJI Online Store, make sure to click here to get $10 off your purchase.
Which Drone is
Right for Me?
This is a question that haunts almost every drone enthusiast: the search for the perfect drone. To help you with the indecision and give you some clarity, I have created comparison guides for DJI Mavic and Skydio 2 Drones. Through these guides, you can see the difference between the different models and how they compare against each other.
Buying a drone is not an insignificant decision. It's a significant investment, and you need to make sure you get the drone that's right for you. Here are my comparison guides to help you make the right decision when it comes to which drone you should get:
- Mavic Mini vs Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Air 2: Which Mavic Is Best for You?
- What are the differences between DJI Mavic Mini vs Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Air 2?
- DJI has released its newest Mavic Air 2 drone to its consumer drone lineup with a 48 MP camera that films 4k video @ 60 FPS. With the release of the all new Mavic Air 2, drone pilots have three Mavic series drones to choose from including the Mavic Mini and the Mavic 2 Pro.
- DJI Mini 2 vs. Mavic Mini: The Best Mini Drone Ever – DJI Guides
- DJI has taken the Mavic Mini, which was designed for indoor flight and long-range control, and made it even better with its successor, the DJI Mini 2. With its successor the DJI Mini 2, DJI has taken something small and elevated it to a new level.
- Mavic Air 2 vs Skydio 2: Which Drone is Best For You?
- DJI has been producing the most capable drones on the customer and professional market for a long time now. We are starting to see some autonomous drones like the Skydio 2 which have freakishly amazing intelligent obstacle avoidance technology.
Drone Gear 🚁
In this section, I am going to review and tell you about the best drone gear out there. In particular, especially the things I personally use and why I use them. Getting the right gear is essential for drone photography is crucial. You need to be equipped with the best equipment to get the most out of your drone.
Memory Guides 💾
So, at the top of the equipment list we have the most important part of a drone if you want to take photos, the memory card. One tip I would like to give to all my readers is that you have a full-size MicroSD card reader with you, it is a blessing as it is much more difficult to misplace or lose memory cards.
Air 2S (NEW) 🔥
- Best MicroSD Cards for DJI Air 2S
- Featuring 8GB of internal storage, the DJI Air 2S allows you to record in 4K, if you’re smart you will know that data can fill up very fast, so make sure to pick up some quality microSD cards. I would suggest the best microSD cards for the DJI Air 2S.
Mavic Mini / Mini 2(NEW) 🔥
- Best MicroSD Memory Cards for DJI Mini 2 (2021)
- Best MicroSD Memory Cards for DJI Mavic Mini
- There are many people looking for memory cards for their new Mini 2 or Mavic Mini, which causes a lot of confusion with different terms. But what are the minimum requirements for these ultra-portable drones, and what memory card will work best? Let's take a look at the options you have when it comes to MicroSD memory cards.
Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom
- Best MicroSD Memory Cards for DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- Best MicroSD Memory Cards for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
- A DJI Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom drone owner is going to need a memory card. It is a good idea to research your options before you buy, and in this article, you will see what you need to know.
Mavic Air 2
- Best MicroSD Cards for DJI Mavic Air 2
- As the proud owner of a drone, you may not be fully sure what to do with it. The DJI Mavic Air 2 comes with 8GB of internal storage, allowing you to record in 4K – but if you’re smart, you know that even that much fills up fast. I would suggest at least one of the best microSD cards for the popular DJI Mavic Air 2.
- Best MicroSD Cards for DJI FPV
- The DJI FPV has a lot of great features, but the storage space fills up fast. Make sure you get an extra microSD card for that and don’t forget to read my article on the best microSD cards for DJI FPV!
Autel Robotics EVO II 8K Drone 🔥
- Best MicroSD Memory Cards for Autel Robotics EVO II 8K Drone
- When looking for memory cards for the Autel Robotics EVO II 8K Drone, you will come across a lot of jargon, such as UHS-I vs. UHS-II and what is better SDHC vs. SDXC.
Skydio 2 Autonomous Drone 🔥
Do you think you'd drive off the lot in a new car without going to the gas station first? Of course not! You need to know everything about your new Skydio 2 drone before you fly it and to help you get started, let's talk about the memory card.
Mavic Drones' Accessories
Here is a list of my top 10 accessories that are a must for anyone who owns a DJI Mavic drone and wants to reach their full potential.
Getting Started – Mavic Guides 🌄
Starting something new is always hard. Therefore, It’s always a blessing to have a guiding hand to help you with the basics. I can say this from personal experience that had I not had help when I was starting, it would have been almost impossible for me to get a grip on drones if I hadn't had help when I started.
I want to share the things I've learned over the years and help anyone who starts out. In this guide, you'll learn everything you need to know when getting started with DJI Mavic Drones. It is a comprehensive introduction to the world of Mavic drones. If you want to learn the basics of DJI's Mavic drones, you should definitely go through them.
In this article, I will cover all the components of a drone and how they work together. I will also delve into essential apps that you want available on your smartphone or internet enabled tablet. Getting Started with DJI Mavic Drones! It is important to note that in this article I will refer to your drone as an unmanned aerial vehicle drone, quadcopter or aerial cam. It is the same thing, your drone.
The State of Wisconsin is one of the emerging hotspots for aerial technology and has been the scene of many drone laws and regulations. Wisconsin Drone Laws restrict when, where, and at what altitude a drone can be flown.
How Do You Check to See If It Is Safe to Fly Your Drone? (graydonschwartz.com) Drone pilots can now quickly check the weather with UAV forecast before flying their drone. The app is available on web, Android or iOS.
Frequently Asked Questions Drone Questions! (graydonschwartz.com) FAQ Mavic Guides
Editing Your Drone Images 📸
Having the expertise to be able to edit your images is just as important as knowing how to use your drone to capture them. There are a million factors to consider when taking the perfect photo, and no matter how hard you try, you will not be able to control all of these factors. There will always be something beyond your control, and this is where editing comes in. If you know how to properly edit your images so that they do not lose their authenticity and are enhanced at the same time, you will never take a bad picture again in your life.
To help you with your editing skills, here are my Mavic Guides on how to edit your drone images:
- How to Use Luminar AI as a Plugin for Lightroom & Photoshop (graydonschwartz.com)
- Luminar AI is an AI-powered application that helps users find the perfect shot for their photos. It's compatible with many of the most popular photo editing software programs.
- How Well Does the Composition AI Tool Work in Luminar AI? (graydonschwartz.com)
- This is a piece on the Composition AI Tool found in the Luminar AI app, which automatically adjusts your photo’s composition, crop, and perspective to make your photo look even better.
- First Look at Easy Landscapes Collection Within Luminar AI Photo Editor (graydonschwartz.com)
- Using the Easy Landscape Collection in Luminar AI can help you create unique edits and save time editing. You don’t have to edit your photos from scratch anymore, Luminar AI’s Easy Landscapes Collection will provide you with great new edits that you can start with.
- Making Your Aerial Photos Clearer (graydonschwartz.com) – Luminar 4 tool tutorial. With these tools, you can make your photos clearer and stand out more. All you need are a few tools to make your photos look their best.
- Learn How Luminar Can Quickly Transform Your Drone Panoramas (graydonschwartz.com) – Luminar 4 editing guide. For those of you who don’t know, Luminar is a great photo editing software that transforms your drone panoramas. The software is easy to use and provides the perfect solution to turn your drone panoramas into stunning images.
Storing Your Drone Photos 📲
You can ask anyone who is into drone photography how important it is to have an organizational system for your videos and photos. The pain you have to go through when trying to find an image you captured a while ago is unbearable. In order to keep you from this pain, I have created this section where you will find the complete drone guide on how to store your images and videos correctly.
There are many ways you can store your DJI Mavic drone images. You can use the internal drone storage, you can use SD cards, you can choose a DJI CineSSD for the DJI Inspire 2, you can use a normal external hard drive, or you can jump out and get a LaCie DJI Copilot.
There is also the option to store everything in cloud-based storage. All these storage methods have their advantages and disadvantages; it all depends on what your needs are, so it may be worth combining solutions for the best results. In this section, I will try to give you a comprehensive drone guide on which method would work best for you.
- Storage Expansion and Backup: A Digital Creative’s Wish List (graydonschwartz.com) This article is about digital storage solutions for expanding your desktop/laptop, and local backup. It is not recommended to use an external hard drive for your DJI or GoPro. And, you should not let your storage needs get the best of you.
- Photo Focused and Cloud Backup Solutions for Drone Pilots and Content Creators (graydonschwartz.com) There are many different cloud backup solutions for drone pilots and content creators. These solutions have similarities and differences, and a unique set of file restrictions.
- Building My Own TrueNAS Core 11-bay+ ATX Based on ServerBuilds’ NAS Killer 4.1 Build (graydonschwartz.com) Building a server from scratch is not as difficult as you might think. If you need a NAS, consider TrueNAS to get superior multi-disk performance with ZFS for a low cost.
- You should read this article if you want to build your own server using the NAS Killer 1 from JDM_WAAAT. This build is really affordable, and most of the parts are used and of enterprise-grade.
Mavic Guides – Mavic Drones 🎇
Mastering your drone piloting abilities is not an easy task. It requires you to know all the tips and tricks in the book. This is my collection of a few tips and tricks you want to know when it comes to drones.
- How to Create HDR Images With Your DJI Mavic (graydonschwartz.com)
- So you have your Mavic and you’ve been wondering how to create HDR images? This article is part of the Mavic Guides series, Well, here’s how. Here’s how to create HDR images with your DJI Mavic Drone.
- Mavic Drones: How to Fix Missing Intelligent Flight Modes Issue (graydonschwartz.com)
- You’ve tried restarting the drone and restarting the DJI app, but your Flight Modes are still missing? Don’t worry, there’s a solution to this issue.
- How to Re-Install Firmware on DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Enterprise Series, Mavic Air 2, or Mavic Mini (graydonschwartz.com)
- When you experience errors related to inconsistent firmware, it is a good idea to re-install firmware on the Mavic Drone. Simply follow these steps to get to the point of re-installing firmware.
- Does the Mavic 2 Pro Have Tripod Mode (T-Mode)? (graydonschwartz.com)
- This article is all about the most recent Intelligent Flight Mode that is on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. It will show you how to use Tripod Mode and how to configure it to your needs.
- How to Make a Drone Hyperlapse with Adobe Premiere CC 2020 (graydonschwartz.com)
- It’s a lot of fun to make your own drone Hyperlapse! You can do it with Adobe Premiere and these easy-to-follow instructions.
- More soon! 🙂 Do you have an idea for an article, Mavic Guides or something you want to learn? Feel free to comment on this article below and I will do my best!
Commercial Mavic Guides 🏙
I think it's important for anyone who wants to get into drone photography to know that they can make a living from it. There's also a lot of potential in the field and there's also a lot of opportunities. So, even if you're doing it as a hobby or for fun, you should consider using it to make some money on the side. This might help you better understand what I'm talking about.
- FAA Part 107 sUAS Test (Start Earning Money With Your Drone)
Where to Fly 🗺
Where to Fly a Drone In Wisconsin
Beyond Mavic Guides, there are many great places where you can fly your drone. In this section I will list all my favorite places. See if you like any of them and maybe go there to have a great drone pilot experience. I will add more places as soon as I find them. So stay tuned!
- The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in Portage, Wisconsin (2021) (graydonschwartz.com)
- This page contains the best places to fly a drone in Portage. We will also talk about the safety of flying drones in this city and provide you with a list of the best places to fly a drone in Portage, WI.
- The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in Lake Wisconsin (2021) (graydonschwartz.com)
- The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in Westfield, Wisconsin (2021) (graydonschwartz.com)
- The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin (2021) (graydonschwartz.com)
Where to Fly a Drone In United Kingdom
I am pleased to announce the first best places to fly in the UK, created in collaboration with drone pilot Kyle Jones. Visit the following post in North Wales to learn more about Kyle and see some of his fantastic photographs!
- The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in North Wales, United Kingdom (2021)
- What better way is there to experience the beauty of Wales than to fly a drone? North Wales has some of the best places to fly a drone.
- There are, of course, rules that need to be followed when it comes to flying a drone in the UK. But if you do it right and understand the rules, you’ll have a ton of fun exploring North Wales in a unique way.
April 2021 Update 🎆
I have added new social sharing icons to the site! You can find them on all the guides pages, as well as on the homepage. Try them out! Also, a new comment system called Commento has been added to all posting pages. 🙂
Mavic is © 2021 DJI All Rights Reserved
Content © 2021 Graydon Schwartz.
Get in touch
Middleton, WI 53562