You can't afford a private aircraft, so you recently bought a drone to expand your photo and video options, and your world is about to change dramatically. Drones offer you a whole new perspective on the world, allowing you to take pictures and videos of things you never imagined. Let's take a look at the 10 essential drone accessories every drone pilot should have available in their arsonal.
Do you prefer to listen? Listen in podcast format.
The Right Accessories Help
To truly enjoy the drone experience and take your photography to a whole new level, you need essential drone accessories. The right accessories increase the fun you have flying your drone and improve the quality of the images and videos you shoot. The right accessories enhance your drone flying experience.
Buying the drone is just the first step. There is a wide range of accessories that will help you enjoy flying your drone better and take stunning photos. The key is to choose the right ones that will help you protect your drone and make the most of it. The following are 10 helpful essential drone accessories.
1. A Spare Battery
When you purchase a drone, the first accessory you should buy is a spare battery. Even the latest model drones with brand new batteries can only fly for 30 minutes before the battery dies. To ensure the fun doesn't end right then, you need to have a spare battery to pop in.
When you buy a drone, the first accessory you should buy is a spare battery. Even the newest drone models with brand new batteries can only fly 30 minutes before the battery dies. To make sure the fun doesn't end right away, you'll need a spare battery.
Sometimes Only Two Will Do
To ensure that your flight time lasts hours rather than minutes, you will need two replacement batteries. While you charge your original battery and fly your new drone with a spare battery, wait for another one if you need it. So you can fly your drone all day long.
2. A Hardshell Carrying Case
If you spend a lot of money on a state-of-the-art drone that flies high and shoots high resolution photos and videos, you should protect it. A hardshell carrying case is an accessory that does that. For $20-30, you can get a specially designed carry case that creates a protective environment for your new drone.
- Protects and Stores: Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom, 3 extra batteries, remote, cables, filters
- New dual-density base provides double the protection
- New reinforced handle for rugged adventures
- New compact exterior pocket for accessories
- Slim Profile designed for easy pack ability into other backpacks / luggage
Protect Your Drone And Remote Controllers
Put your drone and remote controllers in your hardshell carrying case while traveling to make sure they are protected. Whether you have the rugged, small Mavic Mini, a Mavic 2 Pro or the Mavic 2 Zoom, you need a rugged, waterproof case to protect your drone.
3. High Capacity Memory Cards
Another essential accessory you will need for your new drone is a high capacity memory card. The memory card in most new drones only has a capacity of between 8 and 16 gigabytes. Capturing 4K video files can quickly deplete them. If you don’t want to run out of space mid-shoot, invest in a high capacity memory card for your UAV.
The Right Formats And Sizes
MicroSD cards with a capacity of between 32 GB and 64 GB of memory that meet UHS-1 Class 10 or higher standards are ideal for consumer drones used for photographing and filming videos. Just make sure you have the right size and format. To write to the Mavic Pro's memory card, a maximum speed of between 7.5 MB / s and 10 MB / s is required.
For better performance, some drone pilots use faster UHS-3 cards. Investing in a better memory card can also increase the speed at which you download your content to your device or computer.
4. Neutral Density Filters
Neutral density filters are essential for using your drone during video shooting. These filters reduce the light that penetrates the camera. For videos that are truly cinematic, the shutter speed should be twice the frame rate. Neutral density filters are an essential accessory where a drone's fixed aperture is wide open when shooting daytime videos.
- Filters precisely engineered for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro (M2Pro Only)
- Includes single-element ND and Polarizer filters for increased saturation and hitting cinematic shutter speeds (ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL)
- Polarization indicator laser etched onto frame to easily align your polarization
- Cinema Series Glass directly replaces stock UV filter- Low refractive index / outstanding color neutrality / perfect target transmission
- PolarPro Aircraft Warranty - Warrants against any damage to your camera / gimbal from our filters
Reduced Light And Slower Shutter Speeds
Neutral Density Filters allow you to set slower shutter speeds for video recording based on lighting conditions and filter strength. A set of Neutral Density Filters with ND16, ND32 and ND64 is ideal. Stick with PolarPro (linked above) to purchase Neutral Density Filters that pass the gimbal test.
5. Spare Propellers
Drone propellers are easily damaged. One accessory you should take with your drone is spare propellers. Propellers move at high speed and are often damaged during takeoffs, landings and crashes. Therefore, it is helpful to have a few spare propellers at hand.
- Der kompakte und dennoch leistungsstarke Mavic mini ist der perfekte kreative Begleiter, der Ihre Momente auf eine Art und Weise festhält, die das Gewöhnliche mühelos aufwertet.
- Specially designed for Mavic mini, these propellers provide quieter flight and powerful thrust for the aircraft.
- Should only be used with the mavic mini.
- Diameter × pitch: 119.38×66.04 mm (4.7×2.6 inches), weight: 0.5 g each
- In the box: propeller (pair) ×2, screw ×12
Don't Fly With Damaged Propellers
Flying a drone with damaged propellers is not a good idea. It can cause the motor or the body to develop major problems due to the strong vibrations and instability caused by the damaged propellers. If you buy a Mavic Pro, you should consider buying the upgraded propellers in a platinum version. They are stronger, quieter and last longer.
6. Propeller Guards
Propeller guards are useful for people who are learning to fly drones or who regularly fly their drones indoors. Propeller guards are protective cages placed around the propellers to prevent them from being damaged when the drone hits something.
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary.
- Equip your Mavic Mini with a 360° propeller guard that fully protects the propellers and improves flight Safety.
- Should only be used with the DJI mavic Mini.
- Weight (One piece): 23.1 g, radius: 71 mm, Dimensions after mounting: 318×267×66 mm
- In the box: 360° propeller guard (Set) ×1
Slight Negative Flight Performance Impact
The additional weight of the propeller protection can have a slightly negative impact on the drone's flight performance and battery life, especially in windy conditions.
7. Drone Insurance
Drone insurance is useful for people who are new to drone flying. Beginners often crash their drones before they learn to fully control them. DJI Care Refresh is recommended for those who purchase DJI drones. DJI repairs or replaces their drones twice a year for a minimum fee.
You Must Return The Drone
To get your drone replaced, you must return the damaged drone to DJI, even if it is broken to pieces. If you have your DJI Care Refresh Program drone insurance and your drone cannot be repaired, you will receive a new one. Your drone can also be insured under your homeowner's insurance.
Alternative: PPA Insurance
Membership in Professional Photographers of America has the benefit of basic equipment insurance that covers equipment and equipment worth up to $15,000. You also have additional drone liability insurance if you are a commercial drone pilot. Send me a message and I can give you $35 off your first year of membership.
8. Landing Gear
Landing gear is a drone accessory that makes flying your drone safer and more fun by increasing its ground clearance. Newer, smaller drones often sit closer to the ground.
During landings, dirt, grass and moisture can get onto the body of the drone and the camera. Landing gear lifts the drone and helps prevent this.
Affects Flight Performance
While the landing gear can help keep dirt, moisture and dirt away from the drone and camera, the extra weight can also affect the drone's flight performance.
9. Landing Pad
Another accessory that can keep dirt and moisture away from the drone and camera during take-offs and landings is a landing pad. This portable mat provides a flat, clean, dust- and moisture-free area on which to take off and land. It is a small investment that can pay off as dirt and moisture are kept away from the drone’s motor and camera.
A Simple Solution
A launch pad for your drone is a simple solution for protecting your drone, gimbal, and camera. It can help keep it clean and extend the life of the drone and camera.
10. Joystick Guard
The joysticks on the remote control of your drone can easily be damaged, even if it’s in a case. If you move the joysticks from one place to another while you are having fun with your drone, they become susceptible to damage. To prevent the joysticks from being damaged, a joystick protection is a good accessory to buy.
- Thumb stick guard protector for DJI Mavic 2 Pro Zoom.
- Attractive appearance, unique shape, blend well with the shape of remote controller.
- Perfectly fits the remote controller surface, to provide effective protection for controller rocker.
- Based on the structure of remote controller, clever design of anti-skid buckle, to prevent waggling.
- Easy installation, quick-release, convenient to carry.
It Performs A Dual Function
Joystick guards perform a dual function. They prevent the joysticks from moving and also protect the screen. Purchasing joystick guards in a set that includes landing gear, charger and protective carrying case is a good investment.
The Right Drone Accessories Are Important
If you want to have more fun and take better photos and videos while flying your drone, buy some or all of the drone accessories mentioned above.
With a combination of additional batteries, a sturdy case, full-speed memory cards and even joystick guards, you can certainly increase the reliability of your drone.
I hope these tips have given you some suggestions, which can bring a bit of careful planning for your aerial adventures, which will help you have a safe and enjoyable flight.
All the best from aerial photographer, Graydon Schwartz.
Die Darstellung der Produkte wurde mit dem Plugin AAWP umgesetzt.